Our client, Money Advice Service, is looking for mid range Ruby or Java developers with 2-3 years solid experience of web application development in Ruby and ideally a background in Java.
Money Advice Service are an independent service, set up by government to help people make the most of their money, we give free, unbiased money advice to everyone across the UK – online, over the phone and face to face.
Overall job purpose:
- designing and building web and mobile products
- designing and implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- training and mentoring new developers
- being involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- develop beautiful executed, test driven consumer web applications
- develop and test for cross-browser and device compatibility
- work with the platform development team to effectively integrate the presentation tier with the application and resource tiers via RESTFul APIs
- maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and standards, browser capabilities, standards compliance, and accessibility issues
- solid programming experience ideally in Ruby but possibly in Java
- knowledge of development patterns and practices
- object-oriented design skills
- experience working as part of an agile team
- experience doing paired programming
- XP skills – continuous integration/deployment, test-driven development
- Linux knowledge
Must be willing to work outside office hours if required to ensure business continuity.
For more information about this role contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and relevant links.